As 2020 comes to a close and in this happy holiday season, all of us at WHEELS Global Foundation wish you the best of Health, Happiness, Cheer, Joy, and Success in 2021 and beyond. We are looking forward to the New Year with renewed hope and anticipation for working with each and every one of you - our patrons, donors, collaborators, volunteers, and partners - to continue on our mission for "Technology-enabled Philanthropy" for social change.
In 2020, WHEELS Charitable Foundation in India formally changed its name to WHEELS Global Foundation. Together, we conducted over 14 thought-provoking webinars with industry leaders, NGOs with social impact projects, Professional Associations, Senior Government officials, and academicians. These webinars averaged over 500 attendees and now you can watch them all here: https://wheelsglobal.org/webinars OR
WHEELS - offers technology-enabled solutions for Water, Health, Energy, Education, Livelihoods and Sustainability -
is also proud to have launched many projects in collaboration with our NGO partners including:
1. Our pilot for a SMART village development program in the Aravalli District of Gujarat started with students from IIT Tirupathi doing a requirements study and making several recommendations for technology implementations for clean water, education, etc. Later, 60+ students from IIT Gandhinagar and IIT Bombay visited the district to familiarize themselves with rural requirements and propose new, innovative business plans with social impact.
2. We established an Entrepreneurship program at Shamalaji College in Aravalli Districts with our partners iCreate. This has led to the start of a Dairy Farm and a Foodservice Establishment by residents in Aravalli District.
3. WHEELS started a "Healthcare council" with Doctors and Engineers collaborating to set up Telehealth facilities and other initiatives.
4. WHEELS working in collaboration with SEVAK Foundation started a home healthcare service in the cluster of seven villages in Aravalli. This is being expanded to include Telemedicine Operations in the area.
5. The SMART Village program in the Aravalli District has also started planning a Clean Water project and a Skills Development project in collaboration with our CSR partners from the industry.
6. WHEELS together with our partners Rural Development Trust/Vicente Ferrer Foundation established "RDT on WHEELS" to help a Women's Entrepreneurship Program in the tribal village of Chenchu in Anantapur District of Andhra Pradesh creating over a dozen jobs. The program includes a shelter for groups of women to weave disposable plates from Chenchu leaves.
7. WHEELS and RDT have also established 6 Telehealth Operations to help COVID patients in remote villages. Each of these is an independent entrepreneurial venture.
8. There are 20 additional Telehealth facilities currently being implemented in Maharastra, West Bengal, Uttar Pradesh, Gujarat, Kerala, and other states together with our NGO partners.
9. Working in collaboration with Kolkata Foundation, WHEELS contributed to feeding over 20,000 meals to COVID affected slum dwellers around Kolkata.
10. WHEELS was among the sponsors to help our partners at Spoken Tutorials to translate and dub a number of videos on COVID response.
WHEELS Global Foundation - an initiative of alumni of IIT - has a pipeline of several projects in India and the United States. We work
collaboratively with our partner NGOs who have feet-on-the-ground to offer Technology-enabled solutions. In 2020, we are proud to be officially recognized by Niti Ayog as their partner for technology transfer.
We are also honoured to sign an MOU with the Ministry of Panchayati Raj as a partner for rural development and technology-driven programs. We welcome your support with Time, Talent, and Treasure. You can join us in our mission by volunteering your services or donate by clicking link button below.
For transparency, you may also suggest to use your donation to a particular project or track (i.e. Clean Water, Telemedicine -Healthcare facility, Education to Unprivileged Children, Smart Village etc. and can get information how your donation is helping in changing lives.
Thank You Again for Your Support!
May the Season be Festive and the Laughter be Contagious!
We wish everyone and your loved ones Safe, Healthy, and Enjoyable Holidays.