Mr. Rajat Gupta, Chairman of WHEELS Global Foundation, recently published his book “Mind Without Fear” summarizing his part of the story on insider trading. It is a fascinating read and a riveting story on the ups and downs of his life.
Rajat Gupta is the Founder Chairman of Pan IIT, Founder of Indian Institute of Public Health, Founder of Indian School of Business, Founder of AIF, first foreign born Managing Director of McKinsey, served as Member of the Board at Goldman Sachs, Proctor and Gamble, American Airlines and other leading companies and adviser to Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, confidant to Presidents in USA and leaders around the world. Having served time in jail for his conviction in the highly public "Insider Trading" case involving Raj Rajaratnam and his Galleon Group, Rajat has published his memoir with reflections on his meteoric rise to power and fortunes and candid impressions of a criminal justice system that sent him to prison.
Rajat has agreed to a book tour and likes to engage in a fireside chat to let the people (specially the IIT Alumni groups) know his side of the story.
This is a "not to be missed" event with a leader who has kept his head high and has embarked on a mission to help raise awareness of a flawed justice system and determined to continue serving the community. Rajat will sign copies of his book - https://www.amazon.com/Mind-Without-Fear-Rajat-Gupta/dp/0795352638
The format Rajat has opted for is a 45 minute 'Fireside Chat' moderated by Suresh Shenoy (President of WHEELS Global Foundation) with the following breakdown: Fireside chat starts at 7 PM -
- 15 mins of discussion on Rajat's early life and rise to the pinnacles of McKinsey and various boards
- 15 mins of discussion on The Insider Trading Case, Raj Rajaratnam and his experience in jail for 2 years
- 15 mins of discussion on 'going forward' - his fight for a more just 'criminal justice system' and his commitment to 'serve the community'
- Charter Member: Free -- pre-registration required
- Charter Member Guest: First Guest free, each additional (up to 5) $25 each
- Member: $25
- Nonmember: $50
- New Member join: $200 (membership and event registration) - $50 savings!
Thanks to our host and sponsor Capital One Bank for making this event possible!
Please note: Due to security protocols, on-site registration will not be available. All attendees must pre-register. Registration will close November 18, 2019 at 5pm.
1600 Capital One Dr
McLean, VA 22102
Google map and directions